Course Delivery: Live Online
Certificate Programme Objectives
This certification is comprised of two courses: LBO Modeling and Structuring Leveraged Buy-Outs, and will provide participants with the framework to identify appropriate candidates for leverage, build a model to demonstrate the impact of debt on the financials, and the skills to structure a leveraged finance transaction. The first two days focus on understanding the terms, the market environment, the frameworks and structuring. The final day will focus on practical model building.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Apply analytic tools to identify suitable candidates for leverage and use forecasts of the key cash flow drivers to determine an appropriate debt quantum and the relationship between amortizing and non-amortizing debt
- Structure transactions combining debt instruments used in leveraged finance
- Understand the key elements of an inter-creditor agreement and how the interrelationships of the debt providers are governed
- Appreciate the importance of safeguards to enable early intervention in deteriorating credits and the correlation between early intervention and ultimate recovery rates in distressed credits
- Understand how operating and financial leverage work
- Identify the value drivers of an LBO
- Determine the financing possibilities
- Construct an LBO model
- Identify interesting LBO candidates from an IRR or money multiple perspective
Who Should Attend
Experienced finance professionals responsible for credit risk management, marketing, structuring or evaluating leveraged transactions, as well as anyone who needs to be able to analyse the transaction finance structure of a deal in order to maximise returns.
Following the programme participants will be given a secure link to the assessment page. The assessment consists of a untimed multiple choice test where they will be called upon to demonstrate some of the knowledge and skills that they have learnt.